Sunday, May 11, 2014

Fancy Mother's Day Card


Here is the fancy card I made for my mom
for Mother's Day this year !
Inspired in part by one seen in an
Anna Griffin advertisement. 


Note: This is a bulky card and would require
extra postage for a bubble wrap envelope with extra
padding around the flowers to mail.


The flowers were made with the new Spiral Flower die,
Triple Layer Flower punch and Scallop Circle punch,
 all from Stampin' Up!

The leaves are a portion of a flower punch cut off
and the the two larger multi leaf pieces were from the 
Two Step Bird punch and Leaves die, also from Stampin' Up!

Pink Pirouette and Mellow Moss card stocks
sponged with Blushing Bride and Always Artichoke inks.

The hand made paper flowers could easily be replaced by store bought,
 premade artificial or flowers.

Sorry, I did not take step by step photos of the process 
of making the flowers.
Tutorials can easily be found online for 
all sorts of handmade paper flowers.
(I might even have one elsewhere on my blog!).




The pink embossed lacy pieces were created with the
Delicate Designs embossing folder and coordinating Large Scallop Edge die
 from Stampin' Up!
The white pieces are some of the many scraps cut off of
the bottoms of premade eyelet Thank You cards
I repurposed into Thank You cards for Veterans
on an Honor Flight a couple of years ago. 

You could easily substitute pieces paper punched with border punches.
With so many designs available, think of the possibilities:
snowflakes for holiday cards, birthday cards and more !
Change the greeting to coordinate with the punched pieces.




Sentiment was computer generated.
Unfortunately my color ink has dried up,
I rarely use it, so I couldn't print it in pink.
It pops more in the black anyway.

Tulip Border embossing folder around the edge
of the white layer is from Stampin' Up!
I thought about going over the raised portions 
with some light pink chalk........ but was afraid I may ruin it 
now that it was assembled !


Notice that I cut a slit in the center of the top fold
to run the ribbon through so I could wrap it around 
all the layers of the front of the card then
tie it into a bow. 



This is how it looked before adding the flowers.
I couldn't decide if I wanted to add them or not.....
really happy I did !


Stamp image is from All Year Cheer 2 stamp set by Stampin' Up!

Die cut scallop rectangle, Nestabilities die

ink sponged around white rectangle cut with a paper timmer

7/8" satin pink ribbon

pop dots/dimensionals


This is a time consuming card,
especially making the flowers from scratch,
but our Moms are worth it =)



Thanks for looking and 
Happy Mother's Day ! 







3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous!! This is so amazingly feminine!! The flowers are fabulous and I love the lacy layers too!! I think the black ink adds to the elegance of this beautiful card! I am sure your mom loved it!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)